Archives - Consultation
Regulation of consultation
- Archives and collection items are accessible only by appointment.
- The list of funds is available online on the website. Inventories are also available upon request from the Archives team.
- Readers wishing to consult documents must complete the form available online, specifying, as far as possible, the subject of the research, the name of the architect, the landscape architect or the artist, title and date of the project.
- The response time is 7 working days. It is important to note that depending on the influx of requests, the waiting time varies from 1 to 4 weeks.
- The list available online specifies the accessibility of funds. Some documents or funds may not be searchable due to restrictions placed by donors or archivists, their state of conservation or treatment, exhibitions, studies or publications in progress.
- In order to preserve the collections, documents that have been published in books accessible in the CIVA library are not searchable, except derogation for exceptional reasons following a written request.
- The number of folders available to readers in consultation is limited. Only one file is sent at a time.
- The documents are to be handled with the greatest care. The order of the documents contained in the files cannot be modified. Only the use of pencils is allowed for taking notes. It is forbidden to smoke and consume food or drinks in the consultation room. It is also forbidden to consult files that have not been requested and to open the file cabinets present in the consultation rooms. Failure to comply with these rules may lead to the temporary or final suspension of the consultation.
- Specific requests concerning the realization of monographic studies at the end of their studies (dissertation, doctoral thesis, etc.) must be submitted to the scientific department of CIVA. A researcher status allowing access to the collections during a given period can be obtained, subject to the authorization of the scientific department of CIVA.
- Readers who have obtained researcher status are requested to submit a copy of the work done to the relevant archive service(s).
- Photographs without flash for personal use are allowed in the consultation room. If you wish to obtain a reproduction and / or the rights of reproduction of the documents, please enter a reproduction request via the form available on the site. If you want to borrow one or more documents, please submit a loan application via the form available on the website.
- The archival collections of the Modern Architecture section are located on two different sites. The first is located at 55 rue de l'Ermitage in 1050 Ixelles and the second at 22 rue Vanderlinden in 1030 Schaerbeek. The location of the archives is mentioned in the list of funds available online.
- The archive collections of the Garden, Landscape and Urban Ecosystem section are located at 55 rue de l'Ermitage, 1050 Ixelles.
- For any consultation, the signing of the consultation rules is required.
- Students and researchers : price by consultation = 5 € / price for 5 consultations = 20€
- ASBL : price by consultation = 5 € / price for 5 consultations = 20€
- Individuals : price by consultation = 15 € / price for 5 consultations = 60€
- Professionals : price by consultation = 25 € / price for 5 consultations = 100€